austinchick

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day. My husband is going to San Diego for the week and I'm going to Pennsylvania, so we spent a lot of time together over the weekend. Saturday and yesterday we went to the dog park at Bull Creek with our pups, Peepa (the big black dog on my right) and Matty (the little black and white dog standing on the rock to my left). They swam a lot, and we had a great time. It was beautiful - I've never seen the creek that full of water. There were people, dogs and waterfalls everywhere. It was gorgeous and fun. Last night we went to see the Austin Symphonic Band at Zilker Park, which was a nice outing with the picnic and the dogs. We didn't do anything fancy this weekend, and it occurred to me how cool it is that while anyone can take you to a fancy restaurant or something, when you're with the right person, you can have fun no matter what you're doing or where you are. It's really nice to have that kind of comfortable relationship with somebody.

About two weeks ago, I suddenly felt exhausted all the time, the baby started moving a lot more often and the movements started feeling a lot stronger. It's so weird how sudden it was, but the baby seems to be moving almost all the time now. It's crazy, but it's making me more and more excited about becoming a mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home